[0.15.3] Unable to put items from shop shelf into wagon

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
MrFlibble

[0.15.3] Unable to put items from shop shelf into wagon

Post by MrFlibble »

I just noticed that when you select items to buy and cannot put them into inventory because you've reached max encumbrance, you can't switch to the wagon to put the items there. In fact, you cannot "buy" items directly into your wagon at all: if you can still carry items, switch to the wagon on the shopping screen and select something, that item will be still put into your inventory and/or equipped on the character instead of being put into the wagon. In the meantime, the wagon's contents are displayed as empty on the shopping screen, even if it is not.

This is not how the game works in classic Daggerfall. If you switch to the wagon, any selected item will be placed into it and will stay there if you purchase it. Wagon contents are displayed properly on the shopping screen.

Here I have full encumbrance and switched to the wagon in the attempt to put an item there (running without mods):
2023_08_07_20_37_52.jpg
2023_08_07_20_37_52.jpg (184.07 KiB) Viewed 3826 times
And here's how it should work in classic:
shopping-vanilla.png
shopping-vanilla.png (186.92 KiB) Viewed 3826 times

Interkarma

Re: [0.15.3] Unable to put items from shop shelf into wagon

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers, I'll move to issues.

pango

Post by pango »

With basketItems only containing player inventory items, it doesn't seem simple to fix...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yeah, and I'm perfectly happy for this behaviour to simply be different in DFU. It's not a high priority classic variance, and I'm not going to accept a total refactor of shop code at this stage.