Spawning enemies mid quest always spawns Rats

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
adamatom

Spawning enemies mid quest always spawns Rats

Post by adamatom »

Hi, I decided to make a separate topic for this weird bug I keep getting.

I'm not well versed in modding and this is my first quest mod, so go easy on me - I'm a bit clueless.

I want to spawn monsters in dungeons throughout a quest to make the dungeons have more flavour. If I save before starting the quest and don't load any saves until the dungeon is finished, the monsters spawn. Example -

Foe _ghoul_ is 1 Ghoul

_arrive1_ task:
when _inside1_ and _yes_
say 1012
create foe _ghoul_ every 180 minutes 20 times with 30% success

The Ghouls will spawn occasionally while resting, as intended.

Problem is if I load a save at any point after the quest has started, the monsters spawn only as Rats. I've tried different enemies, humanoid and monster. I tried opening and closing the Daggerfall client, nothing seems to work. This makes the idea of spawning enemies in kind of pointless since the average player will very likely load at least once in the quest. I have a variety of mods installed but none should be interfering except maybe "Enemy Expansion" (shoutout to that brilliant piece of work btw). I have yet to try backing up my folder and using an unmodded DFU to test but as I said, none should be interfering with this aspect of spawning enemies. Maybe this issue is common but I'd like to stop it if possible.

Help?

Kab the Bird Ranger

Re: Spawning enemies mid quest always spawns Rats

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

I'm off for one week starting tomorrow, but if I can remember, I can have a look on the way back. I really need to push a DEX update anyway

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

This is a Daggerfall Unity issue.

Fix pending in this pull request: https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/2535

adamatom

Post by adamatom »

Thanks for the update. Good to know it's not a conflict at least and we can potentially see a fix in the future.