Nexus Collections for ?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
C0rg1

Nexus Collections for ?

Post by C0rg1 »

With so many mods that do not support linux or MacOs I was wondering is there a way to filter supported mods by system? Or would a "Linux" collection be the best method? Not trying to do anything major, just curious.

Magicono43

Re: Nexus Collections for ?

Post by Magicono43 »

Generally the windows built files work fine for other Operating Systems. So many people don't bother to build for all OS' specifically. I've only started building for all 3 major ones recently because I have had OS specific bug reports in the past, and would like to try to avoid those if possible.

pango

Re: Nexus Collections for ?

Post by pango »

Magicono43 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:41 pm Generally the windows built files work fine for other Operating Systems. So many people don't bother to build for all OS' specifically.
That's right, only some resource types (like shaders) are not portable.
So, if a mod only exists for Windows, try it under your OS, and in case of issue (say magenta textures in case of shaders), complain :)
Actually, I think it could be worth also reporting success, mentioning the version tested, for information to the mod author, and fellow gamers.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart