Daggerfall Unity 0.15.4 Beta

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 0.15.4 Beta

Post by Interkarma »

Daggerfall Unity 0.15.4 is now available! This is a general bugfix and improvement release. It also introduces two exclusive in-game books, written by none other than Daggerfall's designer Ted Peterson.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... .15.4-beta

Magicono43

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.15.4 Beta

Post by Magicono43 »

Just a heads up to mod makers and mod users. Many mods might have issues or be "broken" from this version and onward I'd imagine. Atleast I found that I needed to rebuilt the "Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul" mod in the v0.15.4 Unity Editor environment, otherwise I believe anytime the method "GetLocalizedText" method was called in the mod-code, a "MissingMethodException" would occur.

Interestingly, this would not occur at all in the editor while the mod was in a "virtual" state. But when trying to put a built .dfmod version that was built in an older version than DFU v0.15.4, these errors would occur when in-game.

So yeah, not sure exactly what mods will be effected, but I'd imagine any that use that method and maybe others in the mod code.

Hopefully that helps any mod creators that get any reports of issues from people using this latest version of DFU.

Edit 1: Read Interkarma's post below, the hotfix from v0.15.4a seems to have resolved the issue with the mod I tested atleast, hopefully it is the case with most others as well.
Last edited by Magicono43 on Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.15.4 Beta

Post by Interkarma »

It's possible to resolve by rebuilding mod. But I've also identified cause and will upload hotfix version 0.15.4a very shortly. Magicono43 has kindly tested the hotfix and it has resolved the problem without rebuilding mods.