Paperdoll is not visible [MOD-RELATED]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
brbrNick

Paperdoll is not visible [MOD-RELATED]

Post by brbrNick »

Hi everyone!
Guys, need some help with this problem. The paperdoll is not visible as on the screenshot.

I took the recomended game files from workshop forum, installed the latest unity + dream mod from Nexus(including Dream Reshade). All according to the guides.

Tried turning on and off different video/enhancements options - didn't help...
What else is there to try?

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
screen.PNG
screen.PNG (231.63 KiB) Viewed 693 times

King of Worms

Re: Paperdoll is not visible

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, this is strange, I never saw such issue :X Are u sure you downloaded the correct package for your operating system - and what system it is? Any other mods besides dream are active? What exact DFU version are u running? Does the issue happen with no reshade as well?

I tested it on 0.15.3 and 0.15.4a DFU and did not have the issue.

Can someone pls confirm DREAM 2022 v1.0 ( https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files) still works for em on these DFU versions? Esp this paperdoll part.

I run DREAM on my PC which is more recent than the one ppl can download on nexus. So maybe something changed in 0.15.4a which makes it incompatible with the Nexus release of Dream. Thank you

brbrNick

Re: Paperdoll is not visible [MOD-RELATED]

Post by brbrNick »

Hi!
Hi, this is strange, I never saw such issue :X Are u sure you downloaded the correct package for your operating system - and what system it is? Any other mods besides dream are active? What exact DFU version are u running? Does the issue happen with no reshade as well?
Yep, the package is correct. It's Windows 7 x64 . Daggerfall Unity 0.15.4 Beta.
No other mods besides DREAM.
Also doesn't display correctly without RESHADE :( Tried reinstalling and step-by-step launching without reshade - no help

Sorry for the stupid question, but does it matter in what order the mods are loaded? The problem can't be related to that? I think I accidentally changed something in there. Then I tried moving it around, but it didn't work.

It's really weird, so everything else in the game displays and works correctly :?
Attachments
Sc 2.PNG
Sc 2.PNG (623.47 KiB) Viewed 591 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Could you please attach your "Player.log" file (how to locate). This might contain errors that help narrow down why something is failing. This log can become quite large for some errors, so recommend zipping it before attaching to a reply.

The standard troubleshooting advice is to unzip a fresh copy of the game to a new folder and first confirm that problem is resolved with no mods installed. Next step is to add back mods one at a time until you isolate the problem. For example start with DREAM - PAPERDOLL and go from there. Fortunately DREAM is very modular and can be added one piece at a time. If the problem triggers immediately with just one mod and no other changes, it's a lot easier to track down where the problem starts.

If this is confirmed to be caused by a recent change in DFU, I'll do what I can to help resolve.

brbrNick

Post by brbrNick »

Thank you for working this out with me!

Attaching player.log. To be honest, it's like Chinese to me...

Clear Unity version works fine. I'll try again to identify the mod that's not working properly for me.
Attachments
Player.7z
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for posting! Log is clean with no errors. I can't even see DREAM is installed from that output. Can you please be sure to go all the way into game and trigger problem before exiting then zipping up log? The player log is overwritten every time you start the game, so a clean start where nothing happened won't show any errors. :)

brbrNick

Post by brbrNick »

Interkarma wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:09 am Thanks for posting! Log is clean with no errors. I can't even see DREAM is installed from that output. Can you please be sure to go all the way into game and trigger problem before exiting then zipping up log? The player log is overwritten every time you start the game, so a clean start where nothing happened won't show any errors. :)
I guess I forgot that I deleted the dream again before saving the log :roll:

It turns out that the doll disappears after enabling the sprities mod from the DREAM package.
I attached correct log (all mods are on). But there seems to be several problems at once according to the log.

I can see something like "no mod loaders found for mod: DREAM - SPRITIES (and also for the other mods).
I'm not sure if it's an error and has any effect. Mods, SpellIcons and Presets folders were copied to the "..Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets"

Also i can see:
"ERROR: Shader Hidden/PostProcessing/Debug/Vectorscope shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 16)
ERROR: Shader Hidden/PostProcessing/Debug/LightMeter shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
ERROR: Shader Hidden/PostProcessing/MultiScaleVO shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
ERROR: Shader Hidden/PostProcessing/Debug/Waveform shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
ERROR: Shader Hidden/PostProcessing/ScreenSpaceReflections shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
ERROR: Shader Hidden/PostProcessing/Debug/Histogram shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)"

And Its GeForce GT 240 in my case... :oops:

Maybe there's something else important I missed.

If you can also look at the log and share your opinion I would be very grateful
Attachments
Player.rar
(6.96 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot Interkarma for your input, forgot about the log. And now it seems, that it indeed is showing the reason for the issue. As the user is running a quite old graphics card which possibly does not support some necessary functions ? That would be a 1st time I see this and would mean the min specs for running DREAM also include some shader support :D

This GT 240 is a 2009 card with dx 10.1 from what I gathered in wiki - min specs for DFU are "DirectX11 capable (or OpenGL 3 capable) graphics card with 1GB video RAM and up-todate drivers. GTX660 (or equivalent) and higher with 2GB of RAM"

PS: brbrNick - mod load order for DREAM itself does not matter ;)