Mod Request : Simple Health Regeneration

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Ninel56

Mod Request : Simple Health Regeneration

Post by Ninel56 »

Hi,

Imma be real with you. The game is hard and the only way I can essentially heal is by spamming the rest mechanic. It's become really annoying. I'd really appreciate a simple real-time health regeneration mod, similar to what exists with mana regeneration.

Like, I'd appreciate if every tick a certain amount of your health regenerated in real-time, without having to rest.

Could someone make something like this? Thanks!

Ralzar

Re: Mod Request : Simple Health Regeneration

Post by Ralzar »

Can’t you just make a character with health regen? It has been ages since I did, but I imagine that would do what you are after.

Also, just get some decent plate armor and enemies will stop hitting you ;)

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

One of the mods allows bandages for healing (Roleplay & Realism?).

The Penwick Papers also has herbalism which provides health regeneration if you have the ingredients, as well as magicka and fatigue regeneration.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Another idea is to allow well-fed pcs to recover health/stamina at a somewhat higher rate.
A modification could be made to an existing mod.
You could also drink alcohol to give slow magicka recovery, at the cost of stunted health/stamina recovery.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Ninel56 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:50 am The game is hard and the only way I can essentially heal is by spamming the rest mechanic.
But that's how it's supposed to be played. You regain health by resting, further on you get potions and/or healing spells. There's no shame in finding a safe spot to rest, it's a staple of RPG mechanics in games of this kind. Also your skills increase after you rest for a while (provided that you trained those skills by using them before resting).

And, as mentioned above, you can create a character with health regeneration if you feel like it. But I'd really suggest that you get more familiar with playing the game with default classes before moving to a custom class character.