[Mod] Scrollable Interaction Modes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

[Mod] Scrollable Interaction Modes

Post by Magicono43 »

Scrollable Interaction Modes

Cycle Through Interaction Modes By Scrolling The Mouse-Wheel Up And Down.

Download

WHAT THIS MOD DOES AND WHY:
  • Pretty simple really, just allows you to change your current interaction mode by scrolling the mouse-wheel up and down, which cycles through them linearly, purely quality of life mod.
OPTIONS:
--- General Settings:
  • Reverse Cycle Directions: Reverse What Direction Modes Cycle || Default = False
  • Allow Mode Looping: Cycling Through All Modes Will Loop Back To First Or Final Modes || Default = True
--- Ignore Modes Settings:
  • Enable Ignore Modes: Allows Interaction Modes To Be Ignored/Skipped Over || Default = True
  • Ignore Steal Mode: If Enabled, Steal Mode Will Be Ignored || Default = False
  • Ignore Grab Mode: If Enabled, Grab Mode Will Be Ignored || Default = False
  • Ignore Info Mode: If Enabled, Info Mode Will Be Ignored || Default = False
  • Ignore Talk Mode: If Enabled, Talk Mode Will Be Ignored || Default = False
--- Misc Settings:
  • Enable Mouse Wheel Cycling: Allows Use Of The Mouse-Wheel To Through Interaction Modes || Default = True
  • Enable Key Press Cycling: Allows Cycling Through Interaction Modes By Using The Keybind Below || Default = False
  • Cycle Modes Key: Keybind Used To Cycle Through Interaction Modes || Default = R

Feel free to leave any suggestions and such, I'm very open to anything, and hopefully you find this addition enjoyable or enhances your Daggerfall Unity experience in some way.

Github Source Code: Github

COMPATIBILITY:
This mod should be compatible with most mods currently out there, to my knowledge atleast.

INSTALLATION:
Unzip and open the folder that matches your operating system (Windows/OSX/Linux)

Copy the "scrollableinteractionmodes.dfmod" into your DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods folder

Make sure the mod is enabled and "Mod system" is enabled in the starting menu under "Advanced -> Enhancements"

UNINSTALL:
Remove "scrollableinteractionmodes.dfmod" from the "StreamingAssets/Mods" folder.

Special Thanks:
ACNAero, for giving me the initial inspiration to work on this. And Interkarma for working on some of the backend code to make the hooks for this mod work. And the usual suspects I always thank for the help and support in the modding and DFU community in general!

Versions/Updates:
  • v1.00 - 9/20/2023 - Initial Release
  • v1.10 - 3/20/2024 - Added Additional Options & Settings
Last edited by Magicono43 on Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Scrollable Interaction Modes

Post by Magicono43 »

Scrollable-Interactio_Main-Thumb1.png
Scrollable-Interactio_Main-Thumb1.png (470.81 KiB) Viewed 2849 times

Mr_Ekshin

Post by Mr_Ekshin »

You've moved a control to a great location. I love this.

Curious: Can you have a setting to *stop* at both ends of the list, instead of continuing to cycle through the list again in a loop?
This will make it easier to use on the fly, even to the point where I won't have to look at the screen. ;)

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I likely could yeah, but it would have to wait for a time I feel like updating it again, bit busy with some other stuff right now, but certainly noted for that time.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Mod Update, v1.10:

Added Additional Options & Settings:
- Can now disable "looping" when getting to the first and last interaction modes
- Can now ignore/skip specific interaction modes, so ignore ones you never/rarely use
- Can now disable the mouse-wheel from cycling through interaction modes
- Can now optionally set a keybind to cycle through interaction modes (for those with a broken mouse-wheel like myself.)
- Keybind is by default 'R', but this can be changed to any of the valid "KeyCodes" Unity recognizes. The following URL lists them: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/KeyCode.html

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Mr_Ekshin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:22 am You've moved a control to a great location. I love this.

Curious: Can you have a setting to *stop* at both ends of the list, instead of continuing to cycle through the list again in a loop?
This will make it easier to use on the fly, even to the point where I won't have to look at the screen. ;)
Feature added as of mod version 1.10. Only took 6 months :lol: