[Mod request] Alfiqs of the Iliac Bay (Art already done)

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
numidium3rd

Re: [Mod request] Alfiqs of the Iliac Bay (Art already done)

Post by numidium3rd »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:17 am Did you intend to link to Dynamic Music, numidium? This is the page for NPC Replacer: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/549
:oops: Thanks for that. Long day.

WilhelmBlack

Post by WilhelmBlack »

numidium3rd wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:15 am I finally have an initial build of that flat replacer framework done. https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/549
If you install that along with what I put in the .zip attached to this post then it should only replace the bald Breton merchants and Breton banker flats in Mournoth and the Dragontail Mountains. Try it out. You can use it for your nexus mod if you want.
Thanks for all the work! I will try when I got time and so see if I can make this mod work just as I had in mind.

WilhelmBlack

Post by WilhelmBlack »

numidium3rd wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:15 am I finally have an initial build of that flat replacer framework done. https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/549
If you install that along with what I put in the .zip attached to this post then it should only replace the bald Breton merchants and Breton banker flats in Mournoth and the Dragontail Mountains. Try it out. You can use it for your nexus mod if you want.
So I try this mod today and at first works well. Alfiqs only appears in Mournoth and the Dragontail Mountains. But later I try with the updated sprites with the hitbox fixed (29x24 px) and the alfiq is floating with the hitbox unchanged.

I try with the .xml I use to adjust the hitbox:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<info>
    <scaleX>0.659</scaleX>
    <scaleY>0.3</scaleY>
</info>
The hitbox now adjusts to the size of the cat, but with the counter the sprite becomes smaller. Plus it continues floating.

And I don't know why, but after deleting the .xml, the mod don't work anymore. It doesn't matter what I try or what I change, the sprites remaings unchanged.

I've even tried deleting all the files related to the mod and uploading them again without touching anything, but it doesn't work anymore. This is the only thing it says in the player.log:

Fallback handler could not load library E:/juegos/Daggerfall/0.16.1/DaggerfallUnity_Data/Mono/data-0000023FF699FD80.dll
ModManager - started loading mod: Flat Replacer 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)
This is very strange for me. It's as if a mod that works stops working on its own. Anyway, it's a great job. If these bugs could be solved, I could even put more variety of races inside the buildings.

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

I made a fix for the floating NPCs so you won't need to use any XML fixes for that. I find it odd that it's not working at all for you now though. The fact that there's nothing in the log file tells me I definitely need to add better error logging in the next build. Can you try the latest version and also show me the json file you're using for replacements?

WilhelmBlack

Post by WilhelmBlack »

numidium3rd wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:05 am I made a fix for the floating NPCs so you won't need to use any XML fixes for that. I find it odd that it's not working at all for you now though. The fact that there's nothing in the log file tells me I definitely need to add better error logging in the next build. Can you try the latest version and also show me the json file you're using for replacements?
I downloaded the latest version and still don't work :_(

[
	{
		"Regions": [01, 52],
		"FactionId": -1,
		"QualityMin": 1,
		"QualityMax": 20,
		"ChanceToReplace": 100,
		"TextureArchive": 182,
		"TextureRecord": 0,
		"FlatTextureName": "merchant",
		"FlatPortrait": 503
	},
	{
		"ChanceToReplace": 100,
		"TextureArchive": 183,
		"TextureRecord": 5,
		"FlatTextureName": "banker",
		"FlatPortrait": 504
	}
]

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

WilhelmBlack wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:29 pm I downloaded the latest version and still don't work :_(
Oh, you're still using the old format. It changed with the new update. Here, use this:

[
	{
 		"BuildingType": -1,
		"ReplaceTextureArchive": -1,
		"ReplaceTextureRecord": -1,
		"UseExactDimensions": true,
	},
	{
	}
]
Edit: did another update in the meantime, updated the format.

WilhelmBlack

Post by WilhelmBlack »

numidium3rd wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:49 pm
WilhelmBlack wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:29 pm I downloaded the latest version and still don't work :_(
Oh, you're still using the old format. It changed with the new update. Here, use this:

[
	{
	},
	{
	}
]
Edit: did another update in the meantime, updated the format.
Finally It works! But later I tried with a .dfmod file and seems that the flat replace doesn't recognize the packaged textures, Could It changes in future versions?

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

WilhelmBlack wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:13 pm But later I tried with a .dfmod file and seems that the flat replace doesn't recognize the packaged textures, Could It changes in future versions?
Hmm, well updating it to use packaged textures is pretty easy on my end. The issue I'm trying to work out is bundling the json files as well. I could simply scan every file in every asset bundle for valid json objects but that would make startup slower the more mods you have.

Replacement objects work nicely as loose files since I can simply scan a single directory for them. Asset bundles, however, are a little weird because they don't seem to have a concept of directories so I just have to scan every asset naively unless I know its exact name (Edit: this probably isn't true since there's a method that removes paths from asset names within bundles).

I'll see if I can work that out but if not I'll have to go with a hybrid loose file/dfmod approach.
Last edited by numidium3rd on Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

The latest version can load images from .dfmod bundles. The replacement files still need to be in loose directories for now.

WilhelmBlack

Post by WilhelmBlack »

numidium3rd wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:46 pm The latest version can load images from .dfmod bundles. The replacement files still need to be in loose directories for now.
Finally I updated the mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/509

Thanks for all!

Now the second phase of the mod are the portable alfiqs. If you know how to create a mod that summon an NPC when an item is used, this could be your next challenge :lol: