Mod request/suggestion turban/veil headwear

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Arbhn

Mod request/suggestion turban/veil headwear

Post by Arbhn »

Hi all,

How difficult would it be to add a turban headwear to the game? Maybe with a variant face covering. I would be up for doing it myself but I am quite new to DFU and I've never made a mod for this game before, and I have no coding experience etc. I'm also not sure if there are any mods that exist already that add something like that to the game, but I haven't come across any.

First post on the forum so apologies if the format and forum is off. This also seemed like the most appropriate place to post this.

Thanks!

Magicono43

Re: Mod request/suggestion turban/veil headwear

Post by Magicono43 »

The Jewelry Additions mod (this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/269)
adds wearable tiaras and crowns.

It is definitely possible, but I won't say it is not currently kind of tedious and annoying to do, but it is possible if willing to get through those annoying aspects.

Arbhn

Post by Arbhn »

I do actually have that mod, is very nice lol. I've attached a crude approximation of what sort of thing I'm talking about (just helps to have a visual reference, for me at least). Is there any tutorials available on this sort of thing?
crude face veil.png
crude face veil.png (14.22 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
I'm not an artist by any stretch (probably obvious lol), as I say it's just an approximation I whipped up in 20 minutes.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

There is no real tutorial atm for something like this specifically, more just general stuff on how to build a .dfmod file and such. Pretty much the best that I know of is looking at mods that do something similar and using those as the primary guide/example.

Arbhn

Post by Arbhn »

Alright nice one, thanks for the replies. I'll see if I can't give it a crack :mrgreen:

Arbhn

Post by Arbhn »

Got some early WIP mockup art, needs a fair bit of work but I think I'm going in the right direction!
Early WIP Mockup.png
Early WIP Mockup.png (10.23 KiB) Viewed 2815 times

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Nice, certainly looks promising so far!