Can't figure out how to give specific weapon mid quest

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
adamatom

Can't figure out how to give specific weapon mid quest

Post by adamatom »

I need to give the player a silver weapon, either random or if possible a silver mace (to fight undead at low levels) in a quest mod I'm working on. I'm aware not all players will use it, it is just to warn the player that if they're low level they should be prepared. I feel people will ignore the warning if it is only said through quest exposition and this might save a few people frustrations and complaining it is too hard. The quest is meant to be played on low level characters and when testing, skeletons are quite challenging,

Item _weapon_ item class 3 subclass 11

This is an iron mace but how to get a silver one?

Jay_H

Re: Can't figure out how to give specific weapon mid quest

Post by Jay_H »

Any equipment you give the player will be of the lowest material possible. For armor that's leather, and for weapons that's iron.

adamatom

Post by adamatom »

It's strange to me how gear isn't coded specifically for quest rewards but I suppose the more oldschool method of progressing the characters weapons and armor through exploration are part of Daggerfall's design. I'll think of another way, maybe give an enchanted weapon or something. The dungeon mentioned is literally full of skeletons and impossible at level 1.

adamatom

Post by adamatom »

This is the only list of enchantments you can add to an item? I thought of adding a dispel or quiet undead effect to an item but that also doesn't appear to be possible. Currently custom quests are pretty limiting... it's hard to be creative.

https://github.com/JayH2971/dfunity-que ... bution.txt

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I can't remember if that list is conclusive. I'd recommend this one instead: https://github.com/JayH2971/dfunity-que ... s.txt#L164