[0.16.0] Unobtainable Custom Sorcerer Backstory Bug

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
flup72

[0.16.0] Unobtainable Custom Sorcerer Backstory Bug

Post by flup72 »

You can't get the Sorcerer backstory on a custom class. Since the Mage and Sorcerer classes have the same skills(Primary, Major and Minor) and the Mage seems to have priority when assigning bios, the game always gives you the Mage instead of Sorcerer.
It should take into account if you have the Spell Absorption advantage and Inability to Regen Spell points disadvantage since those are the specific traits of Sorcerers.

Interkarma

Re: Unobtainable Custom Sorcerer Backstory Bug

Post by Interkarma »

Yes, the mage has a lower class index than sorcerer, so "wins" in terms of weighting to archetypes because it is evaluated first. Player advantages/disadvantages are not currently involved this process.

AFAIK this process matches classic, but it's something that could be refined. :) I'll pop this in issues if someone wants to adjust this one day.

flup72

Re: [0.16.0] Unobtainable Custom Sorcerer Backstory Bug

Post by flup72 »

Thanks, I really hope this gets fixed. I get around this issue by creating a 2nd character and then copying his bio.txt to my main Sorcerer save, but It would be nice if I didn't need to do that.