"What happens in the wild, stays in the wild"

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Daniel87

"What happens in the wild, stays in the wild"

Post by Daniel87 »

Hi fellow modders,

I was wondering if anyone attempted a similar mod in the past and if you guys think it's feasible to make this kind of mod:

I always found it weird that killing NPCs in the wilderness affects your reputation, since there are no witnesses to the crime.
Would it be easy to remove this reputation loss if it happens in the wilds or a certain distance from a town, city, etc. ?

What are your thoughts?
In Julianos we Trust.

Alderwood

Re: "What happens in the wild, stays in the wild"

Post by Alderwood »

Realistically it makes sense, but gameplay-wise I think if you go around killing then there should be SOME consequence, even if the effect is reduced, delayed, or has a random chance of occurring. Like if you leave a path of destruction to every farm or house you come across then eventually someone's gonna connect the dots leading to you. Or not. I don't play evil characters.

I think it would be interesting if killing enough NPCs in the wild caused vigilantes or assassins to come after you later on, or if your PC is brought in for questioning when entering a town which may lead to an arrest.