[16.1]variable bug in item name?

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
높은산_낮은산

[16.1]variable bug in item name?

Post by 높은산_낮은산 »

this is letter from dark brotherhood acceptance test quest(L0A01L00)
looks like this =S.01_ is not works in L0A01L00-Loc.txt

i also test this in 16.0rc and has no issue, so it might problem of 16.1rc...

may i ask you lookinto this?

Interkarma

Re: [16.1]variable bug in item name?

Post by Interkarma »

Could you please provide a save for me to test, along with your localized quest file? I will take a look.

There's a chance this is already addressed by a fix coming in 0.16.2, but if not I will look into this one before 1.0 and fix if possible in that timeframe.

높은산_낮은산

Post by 높은산_낮은산 »

It saved just right before courier boy hand you darkbrotherhood letter.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1id6MAL ... sp=sharing

let me know if you need any

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for save. I'm a bit slow today, as I just realised what this one is - it's actually an intentional change affecting only the tooltip.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 541f335c69

This was done for performance and stability reasons. Expanding quest macros can involve loading world cells to organise information, which can cause significant problems in inventory, especially in modded games, for the sake of a tooltip text. It does not affect the actual letter contents.

Edit: I've made a change now to only display the final line of letter in tooltip, not the final two lines. I think this looks better most of the time as it only has the actual sign-off for most letters instead of partial text from letter itself. So you just need to ensure final line of letters doesn't contain any macros. This change will be in 0.16.3 or 1.0, whichever comes first.

높은산_낮은산

Post by 높은산_낮은산 »

No macro in final line of letter, ok

Thanks for the help. :)