Telepathic Queen Akorithi

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Tamalak

Telepathic Queen Akorithi

Post by Tamalak »

1. Get to level 5
2. Get Lhotun's letter
3. Complete Lhotun's quest
4. Get to level 7
5. Try to talk to Queen Akorithi (she says nothing)
6. Travel around for a while. You'll get the Queen's letter as normal but at the same time she offers you the quest as if she's speaking to you in person!

I'm playing beta 0.14.5

Interkarma

Re: Telepathic Queen Akorithi

Post by Interkarma »

Improper click clearing is a somewhat common issue with quest logic that carries over in the decompiled quest scripts. I'm not sure if this one has already been resolved, 0.14.5 is quite out of date at this point.

If Jay is around, he might be able to confirm if he's already taken a look at this one or if it should be marked for followup.

Tamalak

Post by Tamalak »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:20 am 0.14.5 is quite out of date at this point.
Yeah I'd like to update, but I have this rolling set of saved games. Is updating safe for existing saves?

Thanks for the reply!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Old saves should be fine, I have saves going back to 2017 that still load OK. The main risk is mods breaking if not compatible with new version.

You don't need to lose your current setup though, you can just unzip latest version to a new folder (never extract over top of old version). Check your saves load and everything looks OK, then add back any mods you need.

As you're several updates behind at this point, it's a good idea to also check mods for updates compatible with new version.

I've had a search through history, and I'm not confident this click bug has been fixed. I'll wait a bit to see if Jay responds, then just move it into issues.

Tamalak

Post by Tamalak »

I have no mods at all so I should be fine, thanks!!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Good heavens, I'm sorry that I've let this kind of thing slide for so long. I'll send a PR.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you Jay! It's no worries, I just couldn't remember if this was one you had already fixed. :D