Text database for Mod Settings

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Jagget

Text database for Mod Settings

Post by Jagget »

Can you please advise how I can add localized values for MultipleChoiceKey settings in the Mod Text Database?

I've no issues with ColorKey or ToggleKey:

Code: Select all

Settings.Section.MyColor.Name, "My Color"
But for MultipleChoiceKey I don't know how to add values. I can add the NAME of the setting, like this:

Code: Select all

Settings.Section.MultipleChoiceKey.Name, "Set one of many values"
Can you help me? Is it even possible?
Daggerfall Russian Translation

Interkarma

Re: Text database for Mod Settings

Post by Interkarma »

I wasn't involved in the mod manager, this was mostly TheLacus, so I'm no expert on this part I'm afraid. AFAIK mod settings should only be edited by the mod author when they package their mod from the Mod Builder.

Hopefully someone who knows more than me can provide better help on this one. :)

Jagget

Re: Text database for Mod Settings

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:58 am I wasn't involved in the mod manager, this was mostly TheLacus, so I'm no expert on this part I'm afraid. AFAIK mod settings should only be edited by the mod author when they package their mod from the Mod Builder.

Hopefully someone who knows more than me can provide better help on this one. :)
OK, let me clarify. I want to make my mod translatable. I exported the settings strings textdatabse.
I got mod_mymodname.txt inside StreamingAssets/Text. Then I translated strings and got the result.
Everything works as intended, except the MultipleChoiceKey. The name of the setting is exported and translated.
But the strings of the options are not exported and hence not translated.

How can I make MultipleChoiceKey options translatable?
Daggerfall Russian Translation