How do I translate these?

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
w0fie

How do I translate these?

Post by w0fie »

Hello again. First of all I wanted to say I'm really really grateful with what you are doing. Translating this game has been a really enjoyable project of mine for past 9 months. I translated most of the game but was wondering how do I translate these pictures I attached. I couldn't find them in the text files.

And finally is there anyway to translate these boxes? Like some of the ones in the pause menu too

Jagget

Re: How do I translate these?

Post by Jagget »

w0fie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:55 pm And finally is there anyway to translate these boxes? Like some of the ones in the pause menu too

The text is the record number 37 in the file \DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Text\Internal_RSC.csv

The buttons are textures, images. Put them here:
\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures\CifRci\BUTTONS.RCI_3-0.png
\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures\CifRci\BUTTONS.RCI_4-0.png
Daggerfall Russian Translation

w0fie

Post by w0fie »

Jagget wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:20 pm
w0fie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:55 pm And finally is there anyway to translate these boxes? Like some of the ones in the pause menu too

The text is the record number 37 in the file \DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Text\Internal_RSC.csv

The buttons are textures, images. Put them here:
\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures\CifRci\BUTTONS.RCI_3-0.png
\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures\CifRci\BUTTONS.RCI_4-0.png
Interesting I translated all of Internal_RSC but it's not working I guess. Also is there any guide to show how would I know if I am naming the HUD pictures correctly? Like showing which picture represents which one.

Edit: I think I found why it wasn't translating. For some reason after 37 there was a ";" instead of "," which I think it defaulted back to its original line. Maybe it was because I was using Notepad++ but I have to change every one of them by hand I guess.

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

w0fie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:48 pm Maybe it was because I was using Notepad++
Glad I could help. BTW, Notepad++ by me is the safest way to edit game's CSV files :D
Daggerfall Russian Translation

w0fie

Post by w0fie »

Jagget wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:25 pm
w0fie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:48 pm Maybe it was because I was using Notepad++
Glad I could help. BTW, Notepad++ by me is the safest way to edit game's CSV files :D
Thanks a lot! Notepad++ has been a life saver. I was using Excel but it broke all formatting and I had to start some files from scratch because of that.

Edit: I found my own answer by doing a little digging. I can't say how grateful I am for this documentation. It has everything I needed to know. You people are amazing. God bless all of you.

https://bit.ly/3SWPWKc

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I have moved this topic into Translations :)