Daggerfall Unity 1.0.0 Release

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 1.0.0 Release

Post by Interkarma »

screen.jpg
screen.jpg (448.07 KiB) Viewed 2127 times

Daggerfall Unity 1.0.0 Release is now available! After several years in development, and the efforts of many people, Daggerfall Unity is finally considered complete. The project will now move into post-release community support and maintenance.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... tag/v1.0.0

Magicono43

Re: Daggerfall Unity 1.0.0 Release

Post by Magicono43 »

Congrats to all, and to all a good night.

pango

Post by pango »

Champagne ! :D
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

rebelatnight

Post by rebelatnight »

Congratulations on the 1.0 release milestone!! Been following the project around the time it entered beta phase, and this is awesome to see!

Can't wait for what the future holds, and what the community can do with the full release :D

Happy New Year all!

luciusDXL

Post by luciusDXL »

Congratulations on hitting the 1.0 release milestone! It has been a long time coming.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Just hopped on to say congratulations to everyone!!

Interkarma, I hope it feels incredible to see what beautiful project you've started finally come to full fruition.

This project holds a very deep place in my heart as something that taught me so much as a developer (I'm the git wizard at my job) and for how inspiring and limitless a game like this was, and still is, to this day.

Happy for everyone involved with the project and excited to see the future of it as well. :)
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

This is a great day! Congratulations!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Oh man... :) Im at a loss of a words. Interkarma, thank you for this!! I lost all hope when I saw DaggerXL failed, and it sucked. Than I saw a video of DFU 0.2 on the YouTube. Found the forums and made the account, just to cheer ppl up, so they knew their work is appreciated. Than I slowly joined in and started my experiments with sprites, textures...

It was incredible seeing you laying out the road map, and than going after it so relentlessly. All the Git updates, people joining you and contributing there. It was truly a workshop. With many ppl... some stayed, some passed thru and contributed on their way.

I believe for all of us, this was a passion project, because it would be impossible otherwise to dedicate so much time and efforts into this. And I believe it shows...

WELL DONE EVERYBODY, IT WAS A INCREDIBLE RIDE, THANK YOU!!!

Im also looking forwards to what will happen with DFU in the future, I think it might be like a snowball which keeps on growing.

Happy new year :)
KoW

mcarss

Post by mcarss »

Congratulations to Interkarma, the contributors, and the modders for seeing this project to the end. What an accomplishment! :!:
Daggerfall has always been "the game I'll always love", and it's amazing to be able to play it today with all the enhancements.

Interkarma, I'll be keep tabs on your next project on twitter. Curious to see how everything works out.

Falci

Post by Falci »

Awesome! Congratulations on the achievement! :D