DaggerfallUnity.exe does nothing?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Sefski

DaggerfallUnity.exe does nothing?

Post by Sefski »

Hi all,

Firstly, dev, you're a bloody legend mate. Fantastic work.

Problem: Running fully updated win 11, have the steam version of Daggerfall installed. Have downloaded dfu_windows_64bit-v1.0.0.zip from https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfall-unity/releases, extracted to a folder (tried a bunch of different places), double click DaggerfallUnity.exe and.... nothing. No crash, no black screen, nothing. The mouse pointer becomes a spinning circle for a second, but that's it. Nothing appears in task manager, nothing pops up later.

Have restarted, redownloaded, run as admin, even tried different versions, nothing.

No logs as there's nothing installed yet...

Anyone have a similar problem? Can't find anything at all and I desperately want to try this :(

Thanks!

Sefski

Re: DaggerfallUnity.exe does nothing?

Post by Sefski »

Ok, I fixed it.

I did another clean wipe and reinstall, downloaded again through Steam. I then redownloaded v1.0 from github. This time, instead of windows opening the zip file, I opened it with 7zip (this is the only difference I can really tell.) Copied it to a different folder, and hey presto. I'm in!

Interkarma

Re: DaggerfallUnity.exe does nothing?

Post by Interkarma »

Good job! Thanks for following up with your solution. :)