Loading a quicksave causes the game to load into a black screen,

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
deblue7

Loading a quicksave causes the game to load into a black screen,

Post by deblue7 »

There's no sound nor does clicking do anything, or any keybinds for that matter. FortunateIy I do regulary hard save, but it's still strange and very annoying having to reload a previous save.

Clicking when a game is bugged/freezed usually in games and in also Daggerfall (generally) causes the "unresposinve" pop up window, but in these cases it doesn't which is also weird. If I load a previous save which loads like normal and then loading the botched quick save, there is a black screen there as well, but there's sounds, and I can move around. I even exited a house and it loaded everything visually, UI, terrain... I could move but I couldn't do ANYTHING else, no keybinds responded but moving.

I'm sorry if someone has already made a thread about this, I'm bad with forums,
I would strongly appreciate any help thanks
Spoiler!
I also may want to say that this might have started happening when I started using Transparent windows, persistent dungeons and possibly some sound mods but that's speculating tbh, what I can say is

It MAY be do to that these quicksaves are when in combat but I'm not 100% certain of that yet, I will try to save several times in combat and see if that's why.
Edit: Nevermind happened in another non-combat save... Damn it!

Ralzar

Re: Loading a quicksave causes the game to load into a black screen,

Post by Ralzar »

This is pretty much always caused by mods. During the loading of the game something crashes and the game never finished loading you correctly into the world. Leaving you with a black screen.

Transparent Windows might be the culprit as it is known to have problems. So I would suggest starting with removing that. If it does not help, remove more mods until you find the cause.