Which lighting setting/mod is causing fire to emit light (Wildfire spell)

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
adamatom

Which lighting setting/mod is causing fire to emit light (Wildfire spell)

Post by adamatom »

So I'm trying to play on my potato laptop on holidays at the moment. DREAM runs without lighting/shadows and "Improved Interior Lighting" just fine for interiors. I heard that the interiors actually run smoother with that mod installed. The wilderness and towns I have got the settings to a smooth state. Dungeons are smooth hovering at 28-30 fps which is just enough to be playable. I have the lighting and shadows set to off on the DFU settings and spell lighting and shadows off. Improved Interior Lighting for dungeons is also off. So, why is this Wildfire spell emiting individual light sources for each flame sprite and causing me to hit 11-15 fps when looking at it? I could just not use any fire spells but thats no fun...

It says 19 fps in the top corner but when fighting it goes down more. Also up to 8-10 flames can be on screen at once sometimes...

All4

Re: Which lighting setting/mod is causing fire to emit light (Wildfire spell)

Post by All4 »

Try "Spell lighting" under Advanced > Gameplay.

adamatom

Post by adamatom »

Also off. And checked on the settings.ini as off.

I think it cant be changed sadly.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So remove the mod which creates those fires? Thats Bloodfall. Or tell the mod author about it, that would be even better.

adamatom

Post by adamatom »

Ok thanks that's what I was after.

I will do both those things.