[Linux] Unity Daggerfall has blue artifacts

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
xman1

Re: [Linux] Unity Daggerfall has blue artifacts

Post by xman1 »

Moved on and installed Daggerfal Unity 1.0 Windows. Problem solved. Not ideal, but it is what had to be done.

Taryl

Post by Taryl »

I've had driver issues before, but none lately (with 1.0). It's hard to know what the issue is when only a few people report, so I'll tell you that I don't see this issue with Navi 22. Ideally someone else with an RDNA 3 graphics card would run your mod list and have a look, but only so many people use this forum.

Glad to hear you worked around it. I have seen issues be introduced and later solved in RadeonSI from time to time in the past, and not just in DFU, so it may be that future AMDGPU/Mesa updates will also fix it.

xman1

Post by xman1 »

Your read my mind. Probably a MESA or OpenGL update coming will fix it, but with that said, I can make it work today with Wine.

Then you add in that the windows reshade really gets those dark areas and it is hard to go back to without Reshade mod.

I usually like Linux Native, but the shaders make it hard.

Up to blue Mithril equipment now. Not a bad progression in a single night!
Attachments
2024_02_11_20_53_14.jpg
2024_02_11_20_53_14.jpg (397.38 KiB) Viewed 205 times

xman1

Post by xman1 »

Anyway, I am going to leave this open in the event someone knows of a fix. Really would like my Linux working though so I can save it in my repository of games on the NAS. I don't expect any further responses, but I will 100% post back if I have one.

Until then, happy enough as I can still play....
Attachments
2024_02_12_19_00_16.jpg
2024_02_12_19_00_16.jpg (478.01 KiB) Viewed 167 times