[Mod Request/Suggestion] Simple Eating Ingredients Function

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
flup72

[Mod Request/Suggestion] Simple Eating Ingredients Function

Post by flup72 »

Not sure if this was suggested before, or at least how I'm thinking about.

When playing Morrowind or Skyrim I really liked stopping what I was doing 2 or 3 times a day to eat something, roleplaying that my character was hungry from adventuring. Of course unlike those games Daggerfall only allows you to eat at taverns and its just a menu, which is fine, but a little lacking.

So I thought since even as far as Morrowind allowed you to eat even raw ebony why not allow players to click 'Use' on menu to eat the ingredients. It doesn't even need to give you effects at all like Morrowind/Skyrim, maybe just replenishing a couple points of health or stamina like at the tavern would do wonders for roleplaying purposes.

I believe there are 1 or 2 mods already that add food to the game, but they add new art assest and also lot of other functions/rebalances or even require other mods just to work, and I like playing as close to vanilla as possible.

In short what I really wanted was just the function to 'consume' the ingredients that already existed in the vanilla game to improve immersion on this particular aspect. If such a mod already exists I haven't found it yet and would appreciate if anyone could point me to it.