The Bodyguard is still bugged.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
NullFoxes

The Bodyguard is still bugged.

Post by NullFoxes »

As you can see here, I've tried essentially everything; spawning extra Assassins in, modifying the quest .txt to reduce the number it required and/or outright change the fail state, and so on. None of it works because I started the quest prior to the modifications. Only a single assassin was spawned and it requires two to be killed, rendering the quest impossible to finish and someone angry at me for letting the Assassins that were dead beat them up for lunch money.
Attachments
SAVE0.7z
(217.11 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

NullFoxes

Re: The Bodyguard is still bugged.

Post by NullFoxes »

My proposed solution: append
  • _missedone_ task:
    when _S.05_ and _S.06_ and _latehour_ and not _S.02_
    create foe _villains_ every 10 minutes 1 times with 100% success
to A0C01Y01.txt

Jay_H

Re: The Bodyguard is still bugged.

Post by Jay_H »

I'm happy to give this a try (and to try anything that will work), but I want to see how this fix will work. We still don't understand what it is about the quest system that makes the enemies fail to appear in this quest; it's a semi-common complaint but there's nothing in the quest script that should make it fail. By _latehour_ there should be a guaranteed additional spawn of some kind, and no one has found why it doesn't work.

The fix you've proposed looks similar to what _latehour_ does, and I'm interested to see in what way this will fix it. Until we find out the root cause of the failed spawn, we run the risk of using placebo fixes that we think are helping, but it's actually RNG that makes the spawn work, rather than changes that we've made.