Mod idea - permant Anchor for Recall spell

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
ruthan

Mod idea - permant Anchor for Recall spell

Post by ruthan »

I got burned, because i expected that Recall Anchor is permant, but it seems that i just for 1 use.. I would really enjoy some quality of life mod to make it permant, because some quests have time limits and recall helps not get mad from it.
Im probably not only one who will often forget to make new anchor..

Other life quality improvement it would be add last used spell to use, to use it with recast key, its annoying too, open book again after load..
Last edited by ruthan on Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
It still need a bit qualityOfLife not yet done mods,more 3D models props(in HandmadeMod), 3D enemies not colliding with walls + some alternative Hexen 2 like hack&slash dance mod and it would be a dream. I played Ultima0+, but i know what i want :D

Jay_H

Re: Mod idea - permant Anchor for Recall spell

Post by Jay_H »

I have moved this topic to Modding General.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Perhaps we could have a true teleport spell where the caster is allowed multiple anchor points. Adding more anchor points raises the difficulty of the spell. A spell with 10 anchor points might be extremely difficult to cast. Recall might be more useful if you are in a dungeon, low on mana, and need to get out.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Alderwood

Post by Alderwood »

ruthan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:51 am I would really enjoy some quality of life mod to make it permant
I've done the same thing where I forgot to renew the anchor. It was a long walk back to town :( . I'd probably benefit from having this mod too.
jayhova wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:29 am Perhaps we could have a true teleport spell where the caster is allowed multiple anchor points.
That would be very cool. An Anchor2/Recall2 spell with a reasonable cost would also work for me.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

The D&D teleport is based on the notion that you are very familiar with the location and can picture it in your mind. Other magic in literature has a special pattern (on the floor etc.) the spell caster commits to memory. Having a dropdown list of places should not be exceedingly hard.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

ruthan

Post by ruthan »

Spell have not real,in-game descriptions,
So nobody knows how anchor works in the first place, there are in manual, but still, in more modern Elder scrolls games are multiple teleporting spells, mark and recall combo etc.
Its just mode for us not hardcore enough, its really easy to forget make new one.. and there is not even for indicator or check, if you have some anchor already "marked", just load / save gameplay..
It still need a bit qualityOfLife not yet done mods,more 3D models props(in HandmadeMod), 3D enemies not colliding with walls + some alternative Hexen 2 like hack&slash dance mod and it would be a dream. I played Ultima0+, but i know what i want :D

ruthan

Post by ruthan »

In main save is this block, if you want to cheat, i guess that you can back port it into save.. Once have coordinates for old anchor..
"anchorPosition": {
"position": {
"x": 285.7025,
"y": 269.6838,
"z": 285.1012
},..

Update i have tried to replace "anchorPosition": null within data from old save, but that block is quite big.. and i double checked all {} it seems that there is something more connected, what would have to be replaced too.. now game refused to Load my save..
Update: I have to try another text editor PsPad seems breaking something, Notepad++ not..