Black screen when reloading a save

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
crystalchurch

Black screen when reloading a save

Post by crystalchurch »

Hello,
I am having an issue with Daggerfall Unity. Whenever I load a save, my screen is black. I can load the first time I open the client. But when I try to load again, it is a black screen causing me to have to exit and open game again. Every so often it lets me load saves in a town but almost anywhere else black screen.
How to solve this problem? Any suggestion?

Jay_H

Re: Black screen when reloading a save

Post by Jay_H »

Hello! This is almost always caused by mods. The main suggestion is to disable all mods and try again; if it loads, then start re-enabling mods until the problem occurs. We're unable to troubleshoot the mods people make for Daggerfall Unity.

Interkarma

Re: Black screen when reloading a save

Post by Interkarma »

Another possibility is a corrupt settings.ini. This is more robust since 1.0 as it makes automatic backups of the settings file and has better handling to restore defaults when settings become corrupted.

If problem still persists even using a clean install without mods, try deleting settings.ini. This is found in the path shown at the bottom of the launcher screen. The following post should help locate for each platform.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552