Daedric Cults as factions somewhat similar to the Temples?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jo'Zakar

Daedric Cults as factions somewhat similar to the Temples?

Post by Jo'Zakar »

Hi y'all.

I'll preface this post by saying that I've never modded anything nor know a damn thing about code. So what I think should be an easy thing to do might be in reality really hard. Sorry if that's the case.

Nonetheless, I had this idea for a mod: Daedric Cults as joinable factions. In my mind, and to keep it easy, they'd be very similar to Temples: You should be able to join only one of them ( and it should prevent you of joining any temples too IMO) and They Should provides benefits similar to the temples - Potion maker, potion seller, trainer, library, spell Merchant and daedra summoning (if possible it would be really neat if you were able to summon only your patron daedra but I don't know how feasible it would be). To keep things simple for quests too I imagine the easiest solution would be to use already existing quests and just changes the dialogues.

Benefits
I picture something like this for the benefits:
Rank 0 - Library
Rank 1 - Trainer
Rank 2
Rank 3 - Potion Seller
Rank 4 - Potion maker
Rank 5
Rank 6 - Spell Merchant
Rank 7 - Daedra Summoning
Rank 8
Rank 9

Quests
Here's a list of what I imagine could be the quests available from the cults:
Blackmail (In cult) - Based on "A Delivery", Deliver a letter to a character in a nearby town
Kill a traitor (In cult) - Based on "A Renegade Member", Kill a traitor to the Cult
Lost Knowledge (In cult) - Based on "Azimuthal Vectors", Retrieve a long lost magical item
The Information Broker (In cult) - Based on "Research Notes", Gather intelligence for the cult
A blow to our foes (In cult) - Based on "Hunt_for_a_Daedroth", Kill a Daedroth to weaken a rival cult
The RItual (Rank 1 or higher) - Based on "The Expiatory Sacrifice" , Collect an ingredient from a local dungeon.
A precious item (Rank 1 or higher) - Based on "The Relic", Retrieve a sacred relic guarded by a lich
A more powerful blow (Rank 3 or higher) - Based on "The Great Evil", Find and destroy an artifact belonging to a rival cult from a local dungeon.
Stir the pot (Rank 3 or higher) - Based on "Concerns of a Noble", Spread chaos in the region by assassinating a noble
Guard a Summoner (Rank 5 or higher) - Based on "Protect an Honored Mage", Assassins are coming for an entranced mage.

Guildhalls
For the locations of the guildhalls, in the tutorial about modding new guilds the author says that it was a pain in the ass to find suitable building blocks, so I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier to plop down new shrines on the world map? Or to repurpose some of the exsting ones? Daedric Cults shouldn't be located in cities anyway IMO. Add a few NPCs under the dome, one or two library assets and boom you have a guildhall!

Anyway if someone who knows coding is interested, I'd be happy to write quests, create rank titles, make a list of relevant skills per daedra etc...

edit: grammar - formating - added quests