Tiny Dungeon - Sometimes Not Able to Access Quest Item

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ruler2112

Tiny Dungeon - Sometimes Not Able to Access Quest Item

Post by Ruler2112 »

I'm a newcomer to Daggerfall Unity - played Arena back in the day on my 486, but never played Daggerfall back in the day & am enjoying it. I have Tiny Dungeons turned on. There's one particular dungeon that I do not believe there is any way (short of the tele2qmarker console command) to get to the objective. I *think* that the dead-end corridor that I saved the game at should be connected to the adjacent room, likely with a hidden door, but this is just a hunch. If there *is* a way in, I can't find it after several times scouring the entire dungeon.

I installed Daggerfall Unity 1.0 with the recommended game file extraction, playing on Linux.
Attachments
NoWayIn.zip
(313.21 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

pango

Re: Tiny Dungeon - Sometimes Not Able to Access Quest Item

Post by pango »

That secret passage opens by manipulating a nearby object.
Spoiler!
Turn back, then activate the torch that's on the right when you exit the dead end corridor.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ruler2112

Re: Tiny Dungeon - Sometimes Not Able to Access Quest Item

Post by Ruler2112 »

Thank you very much. Can't tell you how frustrating it was - had been through the ENTIRE dungeon several times and could find nothing. While modern games definitely coddle players too much, stuff like this is the other extreme... at least make it a different color or something! :lol: