Strange Spawn Location - Looks Goofy

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ruler2112

Strange Spawn Location - Looks Goofy

Post by Ruler2112 »

This truly isn't a bug, just something that looks goofy when a quest NPC for the mages guild quest to go fetch someone's notes happens in the wrong spot... you can talk to her and she gives you the nonsensical gibberish notes. Happened twice to me so far - didn't think to take a save, but did grab a screen shot the second time... I'll let the graphic speak for itself. :lol:
Attachments
2024-04-12_00-45-39.png
2024-04-12_00-45-39.png (785.98 KiB) Viewed 117 times

pango

Re: Strange Spawn Location - Looks Goofy

Post by pango »

The "marker" to place quest NPCs in that building is over the scale shaft. Moreover, it's too close to the roof, so most NPCs stick out inside of the roof when placed there, but it may or may not be apparent in classic Daggerfall depending on the angle of view, given how classic draws billboards (sprites) in the 3D scene.

In any case, the root issue is in game data, so the Daggerfall Unity engine is probably not the right place to fix that (even if they're exceptions to that rule already).
Maybe the Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes mod has a fix for that issue?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ham

Re: Strange Spawn Location - Looks Goofy

Post by Ham »

I've seen this happen in classic DF before, its funny.