I can't find my save files in APPDATA no matter what.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
João_Vitor

I can't find my save files in APPDATA no matter what.

Post by João_Vitor »

Hello everyone. As the title says, I can't find my save files and this appearently doesn't let me get out of the RESTART menu. I'm on windows 10, Daggerfall Unity version 1.0, and I have a handful of mods installed. I deleted one and it made the screen pitch black. Following the main page's suggestion, I tried changing the settings.Ini file, but I couldn't find it. Later on, it said that Appdata is a hidden archive and I had to dehidden it and so I did, but it didn't change anything. I then went on Breezip(app similar to vortex), found the save file, then renamed the archive settings to settings1(that turned into setting1.ini), but unfortunatelly it's no dice. What should I do? Did I irrepearably mess the game up :cry: ?
Attachments
helpplease.png
helpplease.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 229 times
bug.png
bug.png (91.55 KiB) Viewed 230 times

Interkarma

Re: I can't find my save files in APPDATA no matter what.

Post by Interkarma »

Your persistent data is inside C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity.

I can see the AppData folder in your second screenshot above. Can you double-click that folder then follow the rest of the path from there?

When you delete settings.ini, DFU will simply create a new one next time you start the game. All you have to do then is repoint DFU to your game files using the screen in your first screenshot. Browse to wherever you unzipped the game files when first setting up DFU. Note this is not in the AppData folder, it's wherever you installed your Daggerfall files.

Steps for setting up DFU from scratch are below if you need a refresher. Be sure to unzip game files in step 1 somewhere you can easily find them, such as the suggested C:\Games\Daggerfall folder.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... s-Platform

João_Vitor

Re: I can't find my save files in APPDATA no matter what.

Post by João_Vitor »

Hello! I found it, thank you for the help Interkarma!