Goofy - Barrier Bars Detached

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ruler2112

Goofy - Barrier Bars Detached

Post by Ruler2112 »

I'm playing Daggerfall for the first time, using Unity 1.0 & the game files install method. I saved, then broke into areas of Daggerfall castle that you're not supposed to be in yet. Somewhere in the back, I found a giant tower with blue barrier bars preventing you from getting to various treasures. After running around more and flipping a bunch of switches (sorry - don't know which), the entire tower lowered. All the barrier bars lowered with it though, preventing access to the treasure.... except one. :lol:
Attachments
2024-04-15_19-11-29.png
2024-04-15_19-11-29.png (1.98 MiB) Viewed 99 times

Interkarma

Re: Goofy - Barrier Bars Detached

Post by Interkarma »

This is a gamedata issue and you'll see the same thing happen in classic Daggerfall. The bars aren't correctly linked in the action chain inside of their RDB block data, so they don't translate with the rest of the geometry.

DFU doesn't ship any gamedata like this, it just uses the DOS gamedata provided by user. It's not something that can be trivially fixed, and not a priority as not gamebreaking.