[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
emmathepony

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by emmathepony »

Looks great!

risk

Post by risk »

is it just my character that has not been able to get any rank advancement in the archaeologist guild?
intelligence 90, rep > 40, has some relevant skills to high levels - but still field assistant. are there any prompts that can get the ranking system working? or are there other reasons my character is stuck at 'rank 0'?

thank you

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It could be that you've not waited long enough. Daggerfall makes you wait a minimum of 28 days between promotions (and demotions)

If it's not that, then please provide a zipped savefile and I will investigate.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

risk

Post by risk »

thank you Hazelnut.
it's been a least a year of in-game time since i joined the archaelogists (added the mod when i was already halfway through the game).
sorry how do i send a save game again? is there a process for this to be done through this site?
cheers

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The save file is linked from top right of the load screen. Zip it and attach to your post here, or DM me on Discord if you're part of the DFU server.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

risk

Post by risk »

thank you Hazelnut, will get around to doing that!

cloudydaggerfall

Post by cloudydaggerfall »

I was trying to get a minimap that has quest markers to work along side this mod. The mini map broke my dungeon map and we think theres a conflict between mods and the mod author is working on a patch. The conflict is both deal with the same scripts on quest markers. Im mentally disabled and this mini map is a god save that will enable me hopefully help me with dungeons and navigating towns. So Im trying to uninstall Archaeologists so I can load up this minimap mod and I'm having troubles uninstalling. I installed via Vortex and uninstalled both via vortex and manually and I still can't get minimap mod to work. Does Archaeologist change/patch games files that can't be easily to uninstall. Do I need to reinstall DF Unity to fully uninstall Archaeologists? Long term Im hoping on a patch from the mini map author so I can run both mods, but because of my disablity I need to prioritize minimap over Archaeologists and I need to uninstall.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hi, all that is really needed to is to deactivate the mod in the modlist.

Or you can simply delete the file from streamingassets/mods
I have never used a mod manager so unsure what they do.

Archaeologist does nothing permanent to the game files.

cloudydaggerfall

Post by cloudydaggerfall »

Thank you for your help, if thats the case then it isn't your mod that is conflicting and I need to dig deeper. Thank you again.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Shoot me your save also. Deactivating the mod is a good indicator it isn't conflicting,but it isn't 100%. If either mod adds or changes anything that doesn't revert after removal, it can still cause conflicts.

I do think it is something else though,, and I'll keep digging into it.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.