[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
johnwax

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by johnwax » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:28 pm

I'm running both DFU and imported classic chars. Works fine for the vanilla DFU chars but the imports crash - 1) If I'm outside, as soon as I load, or 2) if I'm inside, as soon as I try to exit outside. Maybe the classic imports have compatibility issues?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:47 pm

I'm aware of the issue with editor mode, which will be fixed in the next version.
Not sure about any issue met with a build. If you can send me a log and/or a save, it would allow me to easily try to reproduce it. :)
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:14 am

Man I like this version thelacus this stuff just keeps getting better.
How about dragonflies instead of butterflies ?
It's too happy for me LOL
Check out my YouTube Channel!

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:02 pm

ifkopifko wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:38 pm
EDIT: :D Tried something just out of curiosity. This particular fall-through issue seems to be related to season. When there is snow, I will fall though anywhere even after fast travel. Also, the terrain loading seems a bit faster than under normal situation. With normal, I mean when there is grass on the ground and I have no fall-through issues.
Aaaargh! Mistake on my part, I have been messing with the settings of this mod so much I left it in a nondefault state without realizing it.

This "season dependent fall-through" is happening only when water plants are disabled. When enebled, I experience no fall-through the ground.

johnwax

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2 - a big problem

Post by johnwax » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:55 pm

I've posted this twice before. I am running both native DFU chars and imported classic chars. The mod works fine with vanilla DFU. bit if I try to load a classic import it crashes if I am outside a building. I can load a classic import in a building, but if I try to go outside, it crashes. This has to be some sort of incompatibility with classic imports. Any way to fix it?

TheLacus

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2 - a big problem

Post by TheLacus » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 pm

johnwax wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:55 pm
I've posted this twice before. I am running both native DFU chars and imported classic chars. The mod works fine with vanilla DFU. bit if I try to load a classic import it crashes if I am outside a building. I can load a classic import in a building, but if I try to go outside, it crashes. This has to be some sort of incompatibility with classic imports. Any way to fix it?
I'm aware, i answered you the first time. Grass is not dependent on save, but it's possible that there is an issue with the location where the save is made. If you disable the mod, exit the building and make a save in Daggerfall Unity, does it crash again if you re-enable the mod? If you can send me a log or the save it would make it much easier to find the issue :)
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

johnwax

Post by johnwax » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:49 am

Sorry, I missed your first response. Tried again with mixed results. This time I got an outside to load for an Import classic and it crashed with a vanilla DFU char! I'm attaching a save for a classic import (Xeria). The save is in the Mages Guild. If you try to exit to the outside, it crashes.
Attachments
SAVE51.rar
(286.81 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:42 am

johnwax> Sorry, for some reason I am not able to open the rar archive. Just a question to investigate whether this might be related to what I wrote about above:

- In the save which is crashing, is it winter (snowy) season?
- In the RealGrass mod settings, are water plants "disabled", "summer only" or "always enabled"?

johnwax

Post by johnwax » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:50 pm

In settings, the water plants are "always enabled", which I assume is the default.

Tried again with that import char. Loaded in the Mage Guild, but crashed when I tried to exit the door. Found an outside save for that char. It wasn;t winter - looked like summer or spring. Tried to load and it crashed.

This is frustrating. Your mod is outstanding and is a much a game changer as the enhanced sky mod. FYi, the mods I am running are Distant Terrain, Mountains, Enhanced Sky and (trying to anyway) Real Grass.

johnwax

Post by johnwax » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:12 am

A thought. Could you give me what you consider the absolute minimum settings for the mod to operate? Maybe it's a resource thing (although it shouldn't be - I have 8 gb ram and a quad Cpu with Win7 X32).